.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dancing Shiva

Ramblings and Rants From An UnCensored Woman

1.10.2008

Hosting a Party?

CandleLite, Mary Kaye, Simply Fun, Silpada, Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef, whatever......

I do not need an $80 pizza stone, or a $15 necklace that is priced at $98. I do not want your bonus gifts, and I do not want a hostess discount. Most importantly, I do not want to drag my family and friends into my home so that I may plow them with food and drink, and then stir the silent tension with, "What are you thinking of buying? Oh, that's lovely." You cannot turn me down face-to-face, you see. After all, I came to your party. And the rep is here. She's a friend of mine, and she is spending a Friday night trying to breathe life into a "Passion Party". Oh, fuck me! I do not want to invite my mother in law to a dildo party. The rep herself has spent twenty hours or so planning this shin-dig, making sure I have enough warm bodies with checkbooks to make it all worth her while, but guess what- it's not.

When will women wake up to this direct marketing? Oh, the part I love the most is how these pathetic women look forward to taking a few other women under her wing, so she can make a cut of their action, too.

He-looo?!? Pyrimid Scheme? Anyone? I have yet to see a Pampered Chef rep paying off her mortgage early. I don't want your email specials or your invitations for pizza rolls or mini-quiches.

I went to a "bring a friend" Mary Kaye crapmeeting, as a favor to the friend that drug me. This was four years ago. Never bought anything. Do you know I am still on the hostess's mailing list? I think the bitch sent me some Mary-Kaye Christmas card!!! Wow. These women do not get it.

(For the record- Avon does not do this. And, they will continue to receive my money occasionally.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home