.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Dancing Shiva

Ramblings and Rants From An UnCensored Woman

11.09.2007

Puff Stuff

What?

This has to go straight into the file of "stupidest shit I have heard in a while".

"I am definitely honored that a black man is running for the Presidency, but to be honest, he has to do something for black people."

-P. DIDDY
on Barack Obama's run for the presidency

Alright, follow me, as this stupidity is a two-part utterance.

First, why is he "honored" that a black man is running for President. Is he doing it for P Diddy or at his request, or in lieu of his candidacy?

I suppose he's never heard of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, or Alan Keyes. Was he just as honored in 2004? I find it interesting to note that during 2004's Presidential Election, Diddy's Vote or Die campaign publicly supported John Kerry and specifically the defeat of GW. He did not support a black candidate? Things that make you go hmmmmmm......Right.

Second, He has to do what for black people? I thought he was running for President of the United States, not Kappa Alpha Psi. He is supposed to do something for ALL Americans, right? Or, did I miss the point.

I am really surprised that most of the black voters have camped with Hilary. Assuming Diddy would endorse her, what has she done for black people? Have any of the other candidates "doing something for black people?"
And, why would he have to do something for African Americans? Is Obama black? Is Obama white? People may see this as fence-sitting, but he seems to be running as an American, to be a President of America.

btw- Obama has my vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home